2013 has come to a close. 2014 brings new dreams, new goals, and new responsibilities. I know that some people think news years resolutions don’t work. And sometimes they don’t. But it seams to me that one should at least try. When I set my goals last year, I did really well with them for five months. That is five months of progress that I wouldn’t have had if I had dismissed the whole idea. Later in the year, I had found my original goal list (the one I had put on here had a lot of extra goals because I became to ambitious) I was so pleased to have seen that I had significantly worked on or accomplished almost all of them.
And that brings me to this: My 2014 Goals
I’m only doing 12 goals this year. I really want to be able to concentrate on these specific things.
- Read Bible before homeschool begins.
- Spend one on one time with the boys each weekday. It doesn’t have to be a long period of time, but it needs to be intentional.
- Read with the boys at night as a family, one night a week.
- Have a date night with Jonathan once a month.
- Consume less sugar. (I’m trying to figure out how to make this more measurable and specific) Ideas anyone? I would actually love to be weaned off of all sugar by the end of next year. (except for the very special occasions.)
- Watch Less TV. We are working on a schedule to have for nights without any TV.
- Keep the Laundry done.
- Take a Natural Wellness course from Vintage Remedies.
- Have a garden
- Cook 5x per week.
- Keep our Emergency Fund going.
And my main focus goal is to wake up early. Right now I’m aiming for 7:30. Once I accomplish this I’m going to move it earlier.
A few extra things that I would like to keep in mind are
- 12 new crafts
- Set up my online craft business
- Write once a month
- Have boys learn Spanish.
Have you set goals this year? Please share a few in the comments below. If you have blogged about it then please share your ling so I can check them out!!