I apologize for having this in a day late. Thanks for being patient with me as my husband and I were on a small little getaway! We had a great time and its hard to get back into the swing of things after such a nice trip.
Here is the recap of last week.
- Read two chapters of GRACE– CHECK and the book is finished!!
- Have a game night with kids -nope 😦 I forgot about this until later into the week and suggested it one night but was out voted and we had a movie night instead.
- Write three blog posts. Only two
- Go to bed by 11pm 2x this week. CHECK. Tuesday I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch at 9:30! Totally unheard-of for me.
- Go to bed by 11:30 4x this week. Nope. I stayed up later one night, but over all did pretty well in the “to bed” goals.
- Have a date– CHECK! We had a great valentines day date and as mentioned before were able to go away for a night over the weekend. 🙂 Yay!
- Plan two dates for one-on-one time with each of my boys-oops! 😦
- Start Homeschool everyday by 9:30– Friday I decided to do an early morning errand which put us behind that day but overall this is going very well!
- Clean up 2nd half of basement. Did a major clean up of the yard instead. Still feel accomplished so that’s pretty good.
- Memorize Psalm 16:11– 😦 I have no words to say about this. I think I’m going to move on to a different passage and come back to this one later.
- Do a valentines craft with the boys-CHECK
- Wake up by 8:00 6x this week-CHECK
- Read Bible 1st thing 4x this week-CHECK
- Finish reading Charlotte’s Web to the boys-Uh, ok. Lost the book for a while and so we started on “The Mystery of the Musical Umbrella,” which we all loved and finished today.
- Make a new recipe– Yes, I made a Tuscan Bean Soup, but unfortunately it wasn’t very good 😦
I didn’t get nearly as many things checked off my list as I have in the past. Even totally forgetting about a couple things even though I have my goals listed in my homemakers notebook. Honestly with valentines day and a last minute trip to prepare for, I just had quite a bit on my plate.
Another thing is that I need to not get so caught up in my weekly goals that I forget some of day to day habits I like to keep up with. When I got home from vacation, I had dirty dishes in the sink and floors that needed to be swept. Not a way to welcome myself back.
This week I will be focusing more on those little day to day things in order to make myself slow down and figure out what’s really important. Also, to see what I honestly think I can accomplish each day in addition to housekeeping and homeschooling.
Here are this weeks goals: Tuesday -Saturday
- Start homeschooling by 9:30 (I can tell you already that today we did not make this time restriction, so this would be for the rest of the week!)
- Clean one room each day
- Sweep twice each room
- Do one load of laundry everyday
- Finish reorganizing cupboards
- Clean up 2nd half of basement
- Work on morning routine
- Clean the bathrooms 2x’s
- Wake up by 8am for the rest of the week. (8:30 on Sat)
How was your week? Are you finding it hard to keep focused on day to day stuff as well as all the new goals? How do you balance it all? I’d love to hear!photo credit: <a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/venosdale/6156635313/”>Krissy.Venosdale</a> via <a href=”http://photopin.com”>photopin</a> <a href=”http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/”>cc</a>